SAT Equality Objectives 2022-2026
The Equality Objectives adopted by Spencer Academies Trust apply to all Academies across the Trust, the Trust Central Team and Board of Directors. These objectives support the Trust Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and supports our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion; to reaffirm our commitment to a common set of values and objectives, and to set out a consistent approach to communicating, implementing and monitoring Equality, Diversity and Inclusion goals within the Trust.
Spencer Academies Trust Equality Objectives
Spencer Academies Trust and its member academies are committed to promoting equality in both employment and education provision. We aim to ensure that students, parents, governors, employees, contractors, partners, clients and other stakeholders within the Trust community are treated fairly, and with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).
The Equality Duty
The Trust recognises the three aims set out in the public sector equality duty to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct under the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Foster good relations between people who have a shared characteristic and those who do not
Spencer Academies Trust will keep under review how well we achieve these aims with regard to the protected groups under the Equality Act (2010).
We have set ourselves the following objectives for 2022-26 to:
- Uphold the principles of equality as set out in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
- Achieve a staffing and leadership profile which reflects the diverse communities we work with and serve.
- Review promotion and career paths to ensure they are aligned to the delivery of our strategy in ensuring that equality, diversity and inclusion are at the core of all decision making.
- Enhance our already strong reputation as an inclusive and friendly Trust and increase the sense of belonging and pride in our organisation and its values of Aspiration, Partnership and Responsibility.
Further information is contained in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy. http://satrust.com/policies/